Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Lovely Loves

One thing that I love about most YA authors is their interaction with their readers. It's one thing that sets this genra apart from others. The authors. I spoke a while back about author blogs that I love. Now let me spend some time talking about author vlogs that I love.

In case you don't know, vlogs are video blogs that some authors do in place of blog or as well as blogs. These authors run their vlogs on youtube and I'll share a couple authors who's vlogs I love.

Jackson Pearce
By far the funniest author I've found. I met her a couple months ago during the Smart Chicks Kick It Tour, and she was hysterical then, and, unlike some people who are great in person but not in videos, she's a riot in videos to. She talks about everything from writing to juggling and you can check it all out on her youtube channel by clicking this link.

Maggie Stievater
(Who's name I still can't spell correctly without looking it up). To be honest, I'd forgotten she had a blog until, just recently, she posted a vlog about what some reader just sent in their fan mail to her. I always love seeing authors do vlogs because, to be, it proves they're real people with real lives. Maggie embodies that, so check out her vlog if you're interested by clicking here.

Elizabeth Scott
Is it any big surprise she made it on this list? I love Elizabeth Scott and her vlogs are no exception. Though she hasn't made a vlog in quite some time, when she does, she talks about giveaways and what it's like to be an author which is great to hear aloud, especially if you're like me and don't live anywhere near her and can't go to any of her author events. Check out her vlog here.

No comments: