Friday, February 25, 2011

Divergent Signing Wrapup



This Tuesday I had the wonderful oppertunity to meet Veronica Roth, author of the upcoming YA dystopian thriller Divergent, curtoesty of Anderson's Bookshop. Only librarians, teachers, booksellers, and students were invite to this Pre-Publishing event and it was Veronica's first event with readers. After leaving the event, she had this to say on her Twitter account.

I love the people I write for. Especially tonight. #sappywritermoments


The place was packed. According to the organizer, more people showed up than people registered. Everyone was excited to see Veronica and she too seemed truly happy to see all of us, as if her Twitter quote doesn't prove that. It was a great time to meet her and, though she was a bit shy at first, she warmed up the group and I genuinely enjoyed being a part of her first book event.

In case you have yet to see it, you're welcome to check out my Divergent Review. I highly recommend reading it. It was good from beginning to end and promises an exciting series.


DeniseMadness, myself, Veronica Roth, Rosio, and Samantha.

No comments: